12.16.2009

Apple Crisp

While I love oatmeal, I am not a big fan of that oatmeal-topped apple crisp; it's too mushy for me, I guess. I was looking around for a way to use a few Gala apples I've had in the kitchen for about a week, and on my favorite recipe website, recipezaar.com, I found an apple crisp that uses nuts instead of oatmeal. I reduced the amount of sugar and increased the amount of apples and added some cinnamon... I think this is a keeper!

2 sliced apples
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 t. cinnamon
2 T softened butter
1/4 c. nuts (I used a mix of walnuts and almonds)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange apple slices in a baking dish (I used a non-stick 8x8 and didn't lubricate it). Combine flour, cinnamon, sugar and butter... mix until all powder is incorporated, add nuts and sprinkle over apples. Bake 40-45 minutes, until brown and delicious-smelling.


0 comments: