12.16.2009

The Rest of the Rotisserie Chicken

Alright, so far with the rotisserie chicken I have made stock with the bones, made BBQ chicken for nachos, and ate the chicken with couscous and squash. Lunch yesterday was a quesadilla with some of the chicken, some black beans and a couple slices of muenster cheese. The rest of the chicken will be made into more BBQ chicken for wraps with soup for dinner tonight and a little chicken salad for lunch tomorrow.

My favorite way to make chicken salad: mix up about a cup and a half of chopped chicken, a chopped apple (I leave the skin on to get the fiber), about a third a cup of walnuts smashed with the back of a knife, and a handful of raisins. I squirt in mayo until it's the consistency I'm looking for, and if I have fresh parsley, I chop up a handful of that and add it in. Sometimes I just eat it with a fork, sometimes with wheat thin or triscuit crackers. The cool thing about chicken salad is that whatever is around can be thrown in. Sometimes I have almonds to get rid of, so I use those instead of walnuts. If I'm making it for other people, I will add celery, but since I hate celery, I don't include it if it's just for me.

0 comments: