12.20.2009

Christmas Take One

Just returned from Indianapolis for Christmas at Dad's. It was a great time with a great meal and a great whooping of butts in euchre (Laura and I smoked Phil the Younger and Dad). Even Henry was in the holiday spirit:



Dad and Mollie were ready for the challenge of feeding a table full of meat-lovers... I think Dad said they had enough prime rib for everyone to eat 2 pounds. Scott came closest.

Obviously we had plenty of leftover steak, so Dad asked me to make up some hash (that's what you have to do with hash, you make it up. I don't know why.). Very easy:
1 medium potato per person, diced
1- 1 1/2 onions, diced
1 steak per 2 person, diced
a few cloves of garlic, diced

Fry the onion and potato in a tablespoon or two of oil, saute around 10 mintues, until potatoes are tender. Add the diced steak and diced garlic, salt and pepper, stir around for 3-5 mintues, until meat is hot. If you like eggs, top it with an over-easy (if you're lucky, your step-mom will make it). I know it's uncouth, but I love ketchup on hash, so that's something else to put on top.


Over the next several days I'll be lucky enough to celebrate Christmas with many other family members and friends. When interesting things happen in the kitchen or around the tree, I'll post it here!

2 comments:

deb said...

I must say that Henry doesn't look overly thrilled to have that hat on his head!!

erinka said...

I have to say, Henry is a good sport.