12.21.2009

Spicy!

Today was a fun day of making Christmas gifts.


The International Grocery in Carbondale proved to be way, WAY cheaper than Walmart for whole spices... the prices are very low. I grabbed big bags of cardamom seeds, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, whole cloves, coriander seeds and a few others and toasted the spices before grinding. I have never wanted to be able to record smell more than today while toasting these spices. The smell was incredible. I found cute, inexpensive little glass holders at the co-op, tied a ribbon, and had super cheap, fun-to-make Christmas presents.


I'm still working on the scarf I'm crocheting, but hope to finish that tonight. We're on track to be completely ready for Christmas in time for our Wednesday morning departure. Phil's in the kitchen making tonight's dinner... I can smell the rice a'cooking.

0 comments: