1.14.2010

Fideo Soup

Fideo Soup
5 T. cooking oil
10 oz. vermicelli
5 t. Tex Mex spice
1/2 c. green pepper, diced
1 c. onion, diced
2 c. chicken broth
2 c. water
1/2 c. tomato sauce

Heat oil in large saucepan on medium, add noodles and stir till golden, about 5 minutes. Add spice mix and diced veggies, stir a couple of minutes. Add broth, water, and tomato sauce, let simmer about 10 mintues. Serve.

Our conclusion on this: it's kinda like Mexican ramen noodles. This recipe did not make a whole lot of broth and there wasn't a whole lot of flavor. I think I will look around for other fideo soup recipes that might be a little more like that great fideo soup they served at La Michoacan, my favorite Mexican restaurant in Las Vegas.

Also, this (somewhat thankfully) ends Mexican Fiesta week. We are looking forward to returning to a more vegetable-heavy menu.

2 comments:

deb said...

I love the fideo soup at El Azteca. They must use a beef broth because it is dark. I liked the Mexican Fiesta week. When will it be Italian Days?

erinka said...

Theme weeks are on temporary hold until we clean out some of the stuff in the freezer and cabinets! I do want to do Italian soon, though!