1.03.2010

I Want This Book


My healthy LA friend Krista recommended this book to me, saying, "it's really great for understanding how different vitamins work together, food combinations, stuff like that. Foods for curing whatever ails you, etc. " (That's a copy and paste from an email from her)

I looked at the reviews and descriptions on amazon.com and lots of strangers also recommend this book for people interested in getting the full benefits from food. It sounds pretty interesting.

In recent years I've had a little more exposure to non-traditional medicine... I worked with a tech in Fort Worth who was pretty into chi and massage, etc, and he helped me open up to that kind of stuff. Then a year or two ago I got a book called The Best Choices of the People's Pharmacy as my thank you gift for my NPR donation. That book is full of natural solutions to various ailments. The neatest thing I learned from that book is that a daily dose of cinnamon can reduce bad cholesterol (LDL), increase good cholesterol (HDL) and triglycerides and reduce and stabilize blood sugar. They say it only takes about half a teaspoon a day to see your numbers change.

0 comments: